Once again, boredom rolled in, a pair of shorts were in my line of view and a bottle bleach was within reach, and I got a little creative… Welcome to the land of Foyin’s Experimentations With Things She’s Seen On Tumblr (its a long name but it’ll catch on). Today, we take a look into the world of ombre denim.
What You Need:
- A pair of shorts (mine are from Mr Price)
- Bleach (I used JIK)
- A bucket
What You Do:
- Wet the area of the jeans that you want to ombre, and then fold them.
- Put your jeans in the bucket (or wherever you’re going to dye them)
- Put the shorts in the bucket – try make the wet area be on the ground and the area you don’t want to dye rest on the side.
- I suggest you read the instructions on the bottle of the bleach that you’re using – with JIK (and other strong bleaches, I suppose), I poured the bleach directly onto the area of the jeans, and pour enough bleach so that the jeans are soaked.
- And then you wait!
- Keep checking on your shorts and turning them over so that they dye evenly.
- When you’re satisfied, take the jeans out of the bleach, rinse them and then wash them.
- Then enjoy your hiptastic new shorts! 🙂
Tweet me pictures if you’ve tried your own DIY 🙂
xo, Foyin Og